Tuesday, January 11, 2011

For Heaven's Sake... let's try this again!

I know my blog is R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S.! I haven't posted since June??? What in the world. One of my main goals for 2011 is to make this blog inspiring, transparent, encouraging, and most of all - to keep it UPDATED!!! =) I want it to be a collection of posts centering around furniture projects, crafts, recipes, helpful resources, updates on my life and most of all -posts that are used to point to the Great God I serve. So I have proved myself untrustworthy of this goal in the past so I obviously need your help.... (isn't admitting the first step to solving the problem?)
So I think a realistic goal is to post at least twice a week- we'll just see how realistic that is for me. Don't judge- just encourage. =)
So one of my favorite goals I make at the beginning of every new year is a reading goal. I love to read! I hate that this desire only started about 6 years ago- up till then i had zilch desire... but now.... I love to curl up with a book and be inspired, enchanted, and broken over the things I take in....



Every January I pull out all the books I think would benefit and challenge me- realize there are too many- put some back and then rework my list to something realistic. So here are the books I am hoping to finish by this time next year:


In case you can't read all the titles/ authors:
Knowing God: J.I. Packer
The Pastor's Daughter- Hopkins
Let the Nations be Glad- Piper
Salvation in Full Color- Roberts
Jane Eyre- Bronte
Heaven is a Far Better Place- Davies
Redeeming Love- Rivers
Respectable Sins- Bridges
Does Grace Grow Best in Winter- Duncan
The Death of Death- Owen
Memoirs and Remains of R.M.M.- Bonar
Women's Ministry in the Local Church- Duncan & Hunt
Radical- Platt
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands- Tripp
Gospel for Muslims- Anyabwile
A Body of Divinity- Owen
Marks of a Messenger- Stiles
What Jesus Demands of the World- Piper
Worldliness- Mahaney
Lottie Moon- Lawrence

Since taking this picture I've added 5 books to the list =)- two of them are: "Treasuring God in Our Traditions" by Noel Piper and an old classic "The Hidden Life of Prayer" by David Mclntyre
The other three will be arriving shortly to my house and I'm planning on doing a separate post of them! So stay tuned!
Here is the good news about my list so far- since the beginning of this month I already have read two and have started 4 others (2 almost finished!) Yay for me! So there.... I posted. Today = success!

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a list!

glad your back in blogville.

kb thomas said...

So proud! Welcome back....one of my goals was to blog at least once a week. Between dog play dates and blogs we should be able to keep up with one another.
*recognize one of those books...hope you enjoy it as much as I did