Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Fabulous Husband...

In the 892 days that Jason and I have been married, I have never questioned whether I married the right man. Now don't get me wrong- there were moments that were really hard but I can quickly say I have never regretted becoming his wife... and last Friday night was just another reason why I love belonging to him.
We always try to have date nights on Friday nights- Jason is usually in charge of planning the night and sometimes their casual and other times their a bit more extravagant. They hardly ever include going to the movies so he really does have to try hard at planning...
Last Friday afternoon I was finishing up Bible study with some college girls when Jason pulled in the driveway from work. The girls and I have been trying to make our way through the book of John and so it was oddly providential that those two hours actually revolved around women's roles in the church and then into what it means to be submissive in marriage. (Not at all having anything to do with what we were supposed to cover in John.) I tried to share any wisdom I have gained in the last 880 some days and remember telling them that being submissive will never be an extremely difficult task when they marry a man who joyfully lays down his life for his wife, like Christ did for the church, on a consistent basis. The more the husband loves the wife, the way Christ does the church, the more submission will feel like a delight than a duty. Equally the more the wife joyfully respects and submits to her husband, the more eager he will be to guide and protect her at all costs.
Anyways.... I thought it was such a sweet moment when Jason walked in the door with a dozen white roses for me. I don't get flowers very often and so I thought this was such a sweet moment that our Father wanted the girls to see.
After they left, Jason and I went to get some Chinese food ... when we came back to the house he asked me to stay in the car for a couple minutes while he did something inside....
He then told me I could come to the front door where I found this....

Of course I said yes and then came in to find this sign hanging from the ceiling...

I asked him if he had a sign for if I would've said no, and apparently he was pretty confident, and probably rightly so...
So I came in the living room to this, with Norah Jones playing in the background...


I laughed as I came over to him and saw our three scrapbooks I had made of us sitting on the coffee table...

Jason asked if I would dance with him (and of course I did) and then we looked through our scrapbooks and laughed as we talked about our relationship over the last 4 years- it was a great night and another reason why I silently thanked the Lord as I went to sleep- for the beautiful, difficult, and gracious gift of marriage.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I too have never questioned if you married the right man. I am so thankful God brought yous two together. He is the only one even close to being worthy of you.