Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Song About A Savior

I sing to Silas a lot. But when I sing to him and over him I want to tell him about Jesus and teach him the Gospel and hope that the Lord weaves both into him as early as possible. The other day I had the hymnal out singing to him and I got to the song “O Come Let Us Adore Him”- which for some reason seems reserved for Christmas time? Anyways- I realized it’s a very simple song with a simple melody so I found myself coming up with other lyrics to tell the story of Jesus. I thought this may be a good idea since the verses are simple, and repetitive and that maybe some other moms might like to teach their children so that the story of Jesus becomes more and more farmilar to them. I also tried to make sure that each verse was biblically based so that one day I can teach Silas a scripture that corresponds to each verse so he can “hide it in his heart” better and deeper. So here are the verses I have settled on- and the scriptures that go with them. You repeat the phrase 3 times and then each verse ends with the original “Christ the Lord”.

He is God’s Son Matt 16:16
The World was created through Him Colossians 1:16
The prophets spoke about Him John 1:45
He became a baby Luke 2:11
He grew in wisdom and stature Luke 2:40
He taught and healed the people Matthew 4:23
He remained sinless 1 Peter 2:22
He died for us to save us Romans 5:8
He rose on the third day 1 Corinthians 15:4
He reigns forever in Heaven Psalm 99:1
So trust Him for salvation Acts 4:12
He alone will satisfy Psalm 91:16, Isaiah 55:2
Praise Him all you peoples Psalm 117:1

Then you can follow with these two original verses:
For He alone is worthy
We’ll give Him all the glory

No comments: